Aadhar Card Correction Online
If anyone changes his/her residential address, then it is required to update the new address on their Aadhaar card. You don’t worry about Aadhaar card address change. You don’t have to go anywhere. Now you can do it online. Anyone can update Aadhaar details online. If you are using online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updating, you can request for Aadhhaar card update. Here you can update your demographic details only. But now they only allow updating your address online. You must have a mobile number linked with Aadhaar while using this service. For other Demographic data updating, you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center. However, you can not update Bio-metric Details online. You may follow the steps below to update the address of your Aadhaar card online.
Step By Step Procedures To Update Aadhaar Address:
- First of all, visit Aadhaar Self Service Portal
- Click on Proceed
- Enter your Aadhaar number/VID and Captcha
- Click on Send OTP/Enter TOTP(If you have m-Aadhaar on your mobile)
- Enter received OTP/Enter TOTP
- Click Login
- Check Address and click Submit
- Enter the details of your address and click Submit Update Request
- Upload address proof and submit
- Note down your request number
- Your new address details will be updated after 72 hours
Steps to check Aadhaar card update status online:
After submitting the Aadhaar card address change request, wait at least 24 hours. After that, you may check the status of your Aadhaar card update request. It takes 24 to 72 hours for your request to be processed. It depends on the agency to which you selected to submit your request. To check your Aadhaar card update status online, please follow these steps below.
- At first, visit Aadhaar Self Service Portal
- Enter Aadhaar number and URN/SRN to check the status
- Click on Get Status
- Boom you can see the current status of your request
After successful submission of your address update request, you must note down the URN and SRN that appear on the screen. You also receive an email with your request number if you provide your email during the submission of update request. You need to enter either URN or SRN to check your update request status online. One can also update any details by physically visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center.