How To Activate Do Not Disturb For All Operators
Many people suffer from the unwanted marketing messages and calls made by the mobile network operators. These messages and calls are extremely annoying and a proper solution for stopping them is known to very few people. TRAI(The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) introduces a service for a way out of this problem. This service was formerly known as DND(Do Not Disturb) which is now transformed to NCPR(National Consumer Preference Register). People who subscribe this service are preferable to receive promotional calls from their mobile operators according their choices. The process for activating Do Not Disturb service is same for all operators. Anyone need to subscribe for DND service have to follow these steps below.
If you want to block fully :
Send SMS by typing START 0 to 1909 or Call at 1909
If you want to block partially :
- Send SMS by typing START 1 to 1909 to block Banking – Insurance – Financial Products – Credit Cards
- Send SMS by typing START 2 to 1909 to block Real Estate
- Send SMS by typing START 3 to 1909 to block Education
- Send SMS by typing START 4 to 1909 to block Health
- Send SMS by typing START 5 to 1909 to block Consumer Goods & Automobiles
- Send SMS by typing START 6 to 1909 to block Communication – Broadcasting – Entertainment – IT
- Send SMS by typing START 7 to 1909 to block Tourism
It takes 7 days for activating DND service. If anyone applied for a DND activation request before, he can apply for a new DND request at least 3 months after the previous request. DND service cannot block your bank SMS alerts, bank communications, online bookings, third party personal calling etc. You can also De-Register the DND service to receive the marketing calls and messages in future. To do that, just send an SMS STOP and send it to 1909. You can also call 1909 to cancel the service.