How To Delete Gmail Account Permanently?
Gmail is a free email service developed by Google. It is a very popular medium of communication. Till now it has 1.4 billion active users. Gmail is used globally for personal or commercial purposes. It offers 15 gigabyte storage per Gmail account. But sometimes it is required to delete a gmail account. If you are looking for how to delete Gmail account permanently, then you are in right place. Here I am showing how to delete gmail account permanently. The process is little bit lengthy. But don’t I am trying to represent the process in short. So, let’s start.
Steps to follow in order to delete Gmail account permanently:
- First of all sign in to your Gmail account which you want to delete
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner
- Now, click on My Account
- Your account management page will open
- Find the option Delete Your Account or Services under account preferences tab and click on that
- Click on Delete Products option
- Then you have to verify that it is you
- You have to enter your password on the login page that appears
- Now the services linked with your Google account will appear here
- Here you may download data of your account and keep a record by clicking on Download Data
- Click on the delete icon beside Gmail
- A pop-up window will open where you have to enter an alternate email Id to continue using your other Google services. Here you can enter any email address except Gmail. You may use Yahoo mail, Rediffmail or any other account.
- Enter the email Id and click on Send Verification Link
- Click on Got It on the next pop-up
- You will receive a confirmation email in your alternate email Id. Sign in to your alternate email Id and click on the confirmation link
- Now, check the box beside “Yes, I want to delete this email address permanently from my Google account”
- Click on Delete Gmail
- Done. Google will delete your Gmail account within two days
- You can login to other google services linked to your deleted account with your alternate email Id
How to recover deleted gmail account?
If you change your mind and want to recover deleted Gmail account, then follow the steps described below. Note that Google allows you to recover your Gmail account only within two days after deletion. After that Google will delete your account permanently and you can never recover your account. So, let’s start.
Steps for Gmail account recovery:
- Login to Gmail with your deleted gmail Id and password
- Then verify your account using a phone number
- Boom! Your account will be activated within few hours