What is e Aadhaar ?
An e Aadhaar is a password protected electronic copy of Aadhaar, which is digitally signed by the competent authority of UIDAI. Nowadays, Aadhaar is the primary proof of identification in India. Any agency or service provider in India require Aadhaar details for verification of identity of their beneficiary. But Aadhaar card processing may take a long time, up to 90 days after submitting their bio-metric details. Aadhaar letters reaches home by post. As it is a very necessary documents, one can download e Aadhaar online. As per Aadhaar Act, e Aadhaar is equally valid like physical copy of Aadhaar for all purposes. After generation of Aadhaar, you get a sms on registered mobile number (if mobile number provided during enrollment). After that, you will be able to download Aadhhaar card online. You will get your physical Aadhaar letter to year home address later.
Residents can download e Aadhaar:
- By using Enrollment Number: After submitting bio-metric details, a receipt is given by the enrollment center which contains a enrollment number. Resident can check for the status of Aadhaar application with this Enrollment Number. If Aadhaar number is generated, then you can download e Aadhaar using 16 digit enrollment number along with Full Name and Pin code. You will receive OTP on registered mobile number. One can also use TOTP to download e Aadhaar instead of OTP. You can generate TOTP(Time Based One Time Password) using mAadhaar mobile Application.
- By using Aadhaar Number: One can download e Aadhaar by using 12 digits Aadhaar number along with Full Name and Pin code. After generation of Aadhaar, you will receive a SMS on the mobile number provided at the time of Aadhaar application with the Aadhaaar Number. You will receive OTP on registered mobile number. One can also use TOTP to download e-Aadhaar instead of OTP. You can find TOTP on mAadhaar mobile Application.
How To Download Aadhaar Card Online ?
An e Aadhaar is a password protected electronic copy of Aadhaar, which is digitally signed by the competent Authority of UIDAI(Unique Identification Authority of India). An e Aadhaar is similarly valid as physical Aadhaar letter. To download e Aadhaar, one must follow these steps as described below.
Steps to download e-Aadhaar:
- At first, go to https://uidai.gov.in
- Click on Download Aadhaar option under Aadhaar Enrollment tab
- Enter Aadhaar No./VID/Enrollment No., Full Name, Pin Code and Security Code in the form
- Click on Request OTP option
- After that click I Agree option at the pop-up window
- Click Confirm
- You will get OTP to mobile number linked with Aadhaar
- Enter the OTP that is received at your linked mobile number
- Download will start shortly
- After downloading open the file in Adobe Reader
Password for e Aadhaar:
You must enter password to access your e Aadhaar letter. You have to use the combination of the first 4 letters of your name in CAPITAL and the year of birth (YYYY) as password to open the file. Here are some examples for password for opening the downloaded file.
Example 1 : If your name is SUSHIL KUMAR and year of birth is 1990,then password is SUSH1990
Example 2 : If your name is RAJ KUMAR and year of birth is 1990,then password is RAJK1990
Example 3 : If your name is P. KUMAR and year of birth is 1990,then password is P.KU1990
Example 4 : If your name is RIA and year of birth is 1990,then password is RIA1990