Some Useful Facebook Settings
Nowadays almost everyone uses a social media platform to connect with friends. Most of them uses Facebook for that purpose. Some other uses other social platform like Twitter,Instagram etc. Here I am sharing some useful settings for Facebook account. In my opinion these Facebook settings are great for extra security features or other purposes. You should try these settings if you like them. So, let’s start.
Logout from unrecognized devices:
You can check for the devices on which you logged on your Facebook account. You can also check for devices on which your Facebook account is active yet. If you could not recognize the device,you can simply log out/remove your account from that device. To do that,follow the steps below.
- First of all,go to your facebook account settings page https://www.facebook.com/settings
- Go to Security and Login tab
- Click See More options under Where You’re Logged in
- You will get the detail list of devices on which you logged in before
- If you do not trust/recognize a device, you can remove them by clicking 3 dots as shown in the screenshot above
- You can simply click on log out from all sessions to remove your Facebook account from all the devices at once.
Get alerts about unrecognized login:
- Go to Setting Up Extra Security tab
- Click Edit on the Get Alerts About Unrecognized Login option
- Now, check Get Notifications options under Notifications and Messenger tabs
- Click on Save Changes
- A chat window will open confirming that you have successfully registered for alerts about unrecognized login
Create a option to unlock your account:
- Go to Setting Up Extra Security tab
- Click Edit on the Choose 3 to 5 Friends to Contact if You are Locked Out option
- Click on Choose Friends
- Now,search for your friend on the window whom you want to help you to unlock your account if your account becomes locked somehow
- Add 3 to 5 friends who know you well. Facebook may send security code to that friends which may help you to unlock your account again.
- You can add or remove a friend when you want.Just click Edit option for that
Log in using your profile picture:
- Go to Login tab
- Click on Edit on Log in Using Your Profile Picture option
- Click on Remember Password
- Boom! Your Facebook password is now saved with your browser
- Just click on your picture to login in that browser
- You can turn of Log in using your profile picture option anytime
Hide your friend list from public:
- Go to Privacy tab
- Click on Edit on Who Can See Your Friend List?
- Click on drop down button and select Friends (I prefer it)
- Done.Now,only your friends can see your friend list
- You can change this option from Public to any other option
- You can check if your Facebook account is linked with Google seach engine or not.
- If it not linked click on edit for the respective option
- Check Allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your Profile
- Now, your Facebook account can be found by searching on Google
Block your undesired friends from connecting with you
In our life, we sometime face undesired friends. You can block your friends whom you don’t want to show your timeline, or commenting on your posts. You have option to block your undesired friends from chatting with you, commenting on your post, seeing your timeline or inviting you. To do that, just go to Blocking tab and add that friends in a particular category. For example if you block your in chat category, that friends will no longer be able to chat with you. In this way you can easily manage your unwanted friends in social media.
These settings are useful for me. I hope you also like these Facebook settings. However there are so many option on Facebook. I have just shared some option that I have discovered. If you know about any other interesting Facebook settings, then you can inform me in the comment section.
If you want to delete your Facebook account permanently, then visit the link >> How to Delete Facebook Account | Delete FB Account Permanently