Mobile Number Re-verification
As per the order of Honorable Supreme Court, it is now necessary to ensure the identity verification, as well as, address of all new mobile network subscribers. The existing users need to re-verify mobile number. Based on the order, the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has issued instructions to all operators to verify all existing mobile network subscribers (Prepaid & Postpaid) through Aadhaar based E-KYC process. Users can visit nearest retailer or network operator center for mobile number re-verification. I am sharing the steps below to re verify mobile number.
Steps to re-verify mobile number:
For re-verification of mobile number, one can visit nearest telecom retailer or customer care center and follow these steps below. There are another method that I have described latter.
- First of all, provide your mobile number and Aadhaar number to the retailer or store executive
- The store executive will provide a four digit verification code on your mobile number from re-verification application
- Subscriber have to provide the verification code to Idea store executive and provide his/her bio-metric
- Within 24 hours you will receive a confirmation SMS, reply Y to complete the re-verification process
Re-verification of Mobile Number on IVR
Mobile number verification with Aadhaar is now easy. Anyone can verify mobile number with Aadhaar sitting at home. User need to have mobile number linked with Aadhaar. If you don’t have a mobile number registered with Aadhhaar, then follow the previous steps. One must follow these steps below for re-verification of mobile number with Aadhaar on IVR.
- At first, Dial 14546 from your mobile number for verification
- Enter Aadhaar number on IVR(Interactive Voice Response)
- Enter the OTP received to the registered mobile number
- Boom! Verification request complete
N.B: The service is free of cost. User must have a mobile number registered with Aadhaar for mobile number re verification on IVR.