What is mAadhaar ?
The Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI) has launched an Aadhaar centric mobile application called mAadhaar for Android mobile devices. The mAadhaar app lets you access all your Aadhaar details on your smartphone. The app was launched in order to help users carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time. A mAadhaar is acceptable as proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class in Indian Railways. Once you download the m-Aadhaar app on your smartphone, your Aadhaar profile which includes your registered phone number, name, address, gender, photograph, and other details store on the app. Any time a service provider request for the Aadhaar card details, you can access the m-Aadhaar app and provide the information. mAadhaar is now only available for android and Apple’s ios users. Simply download m-Aadhaar app from playstore and register following the steps below.
Steps for creating profile on mAadhaar app:
- Enter 12 digit Aadhaar Number or scan your Aadhaar card
- Ensure that your mobile connection is active and that the mobile number is same as that available with UIDAI as your registered mobile number.
- After providing the mandatory inputs press the button ‘Verify’, available at the bottom of the screen. After pressing ‘Verify’ button do not navigate away from the screen
- If details provided by you are found to be correct then application will receive OTP and will read OTP automatically from the phone.
One can view profile by following these steps:
- Press your profile on the homepage of the app
- Authenticate yourself by entering profile password
- In the profile screen flip your profile to view address
One can delete profile by following these steps:
- Open your profile and click on menu at top right.
- Select Delete Profile option.
- Ensure network connectivity on your mobile device before authenticating yourself by entering profile password.
- App will delete the profile.
Remember these things before using mAadhaar app:
- mAadhaar is valid as a proof of identity almost everywhere
- There is no provision to manually enter the OTP anywhere in mAadhaar. This is a security feature. So,user must have the mobile number in the mobile for OTP detection automatically.
- mAadhaar connect and download data from UIDAI. Thus user must have an active internet connection.
- A user can add maximum 3 profiles in his device, all having same mobile number registered in their Aadhaar.
You may also like>> e Aadhaar | Download Aadhaar Card Online